Household size Disaster Income Limit Maximum Allotment 1 2,079 162 2 2,707 298 3 3,108 426 4 3,663 542 5 4,033 643 6 4,504 772 7 4,770 853 8 5,183 975 Each Additional Household Member 413 122
Click here for the Informational Flyer containing Elgibility Information
Disaster Income Limit
Each Additional Household Member
What are the Basic Eligibility Requirements?
- You and your family must have been living in one of the parishes included in the DFSP Disaster Area on August 29, 2008. St. Charles is one of these parishes.
- Your household must meet the income limits to qualify to receive benefits from the DFSP.
- Your household must have experienced one or more of the following as a direct result of Hurricane Gustav:
- Loss of Food;
- Damage to, or destruction of, your home or self-employment business;
- Disaster-related expenses for which you do not expect to be reimbursed during the disaster benefit period; or
- Loss or inaccessibility of income, including reduction or termination of income, or a significant delay in receipt of income due to the disaster.
What to expect from the application process?
- There will probably be lines. Households are encouraged to send their healthiest member.
- You will be interviewed by an agency representative who will determine if you and your family qualify to receive Disaster Food Stamps.
- If found eligible, you will be provided an EBT card and benefits will be loaded on the card within 72 hours.
At the application interview you will be expected to provide:
- Verification of identify of the head of the household and that of an authorized representative who is applying on behalf of the head of household. You can provide a driver's license, picture ID, work or school ID, voter registration card, pay stubs, birth certificate, an ID for health benefits or another assistance or social services program.
- Names and Social Security Numbers of all persons residing in your household on 8/29/08.
- Verification of you and your household's residence on 8/29/08.
- Information regarding income and bank accounts for all members in your houshold. It would be helpful if you could provide pay stubs, pay statements, and/or bank statements.
The following is the official DFSP Application Form and may be downloaded and printed. You may be able to expedite the interview process if you complete the application prior to coming to one of the application processing locations.
DO NOT FAX THE DISASTER FOOD STAMP APPLICATION FORM TO DSS - A FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW IS REQUIRED. YOU MAY BRING THE COMPLETED APPLICATION TO THE FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW AT THE SITE LOCATION.
Disaster Food Stamp Assistance Application Form